Careers - Employee Profiles
Mike ClancyGeneral Manager, Maintenance and Avionics
- A self-admitted work-aholic and loves every minute of it.
"We joke about this unexplained passion for aviation we all have – we call it the 'sickness'. There’s no better place on earth than a lit up airport with the hangar open in the middle of the night. You either have it or you don't."
- Started as an A&P maintenance technician, left after a year, came back and 9 1/2 years later and now has more responsibility than he ever imagined.
"Advancement is up to the individual. We promote on attitude, ability and work ethic. Our team members check their ego at the door and forget about office politics."
- Responsible for planes all over the world – from Saudi Arabia to Australia, not to mention home-based Fargo clients.
Dawndi UlmerCustomer Service Manager
- The personification of North Dakota nice. She greets customers with hugs and is on a first-name basis with repeat customers. Dawndi is - Fargo Jet Center.
- Favorite childhood memory – going up in a small plane and throwing toilet paper out the window at 10,000 feet.
"I thought I died and went to heaven."
- Treats every customer and co-worker like her brother or sister would want to be treated.
"I never thought I would be getting paid for having this much fun."
- Gets teased for hearing a street sweeper on the ramp and thinking a helicopter was coming in unannounced.
"I was a little green to aviation back then."
- Coolest thing that’s ever happened to her at Fargo Jet Center: Made banana bread for Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg and got a hug from both.
“Fargo Jet Center has uncovered potential I didn’t even know I had. I’m pushed outside my comfort zone and it’s made me a better employee and better person. I’m up at 5 a.m. every day and can’t wait to get to work. I can’t imagine it any other way.”